Welcome to the digital age, when you can literally make money on your phone or laptop completing surveys.
And no, I am not kidding.
If you haven't ever heard of completing surveys for money or participating in “Market Research Opportunities,” as I like to say to sound fancy, then you're in for a treat. There are companies who are willing to pay you for your opinion.
The chances of you getting rich are slim, but $25 here and there doesn't hurt and really adds up to help you hit those financial goals! Today, I am going to detail my expierence with the popular survey app and survey site Swagbucks!
Here is my Swagbucks review below:
Swagbucks Review 2021 – What to Know
Let's first start with the basics and answer perhaps the most commonly asked question, “What is Swagbucks anyway?”
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a free rewards program that enables you to earn points for simply doing the stuff you normally do online. Sounds too good to be true!?
Perhaps, but the bottom line is Swagbucks is straight-up legit and while you won’t become a millionaire from using it, you can absolutely put some cashback in your wallet.
Like all the other survey sites out there, Swagbucks is similar in that it rewards users based on the surveys and tasks they complete. Companies pay Swagbucks to gather consumer data, and Swagbucks pays you for the data!
How does Swagbucks work?
As we’ve already mentioned, Swagbucks rewards you with points when you complete various online activities. These points, known as “SB points”, can then be redeemed for gift cards from top retailers, or cashed out via PayPal. There’s even an option to donate your SB points to charity, if you’re feeling particularly benevolent.
So what kinds of online activities can you do to earn SB points?
Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Make Swagbucks your default search engine — By making Swagbucks your default search engine, you can rack up points every time you search.
- Complete online surveys and polls — Swagbucks has loads of surveys and polls, and you earn SB points for each one you complete.
- Download & install apps/games on your phone — While you occasionally get rewarded for simply downloading an app or game, you usually have to complete an action, like reach a certain level in a game, to get your SB points.
- Shop online/in person and earn cashback — Even though it’s an online platform, Swagbucks gives you cashback for in-person transactions, like dining out, too. And there’s always the online cashback deals as well.
- Tell your friends — You get 300 SB points when you refer a friend and they earn 300 SB points before the end of their first month on the platform. Your friend will also get 300 SB points just for signing up via your referral link, while you’ll also get 10% of their earnings for life.
- Keep an eye out for Swag codes — Get instant SB points by looking out for Swag codes on social media and the main Swagbucks website.
- Complete daily goals — There’s a daily to-do list on Swagbucks and you’ll earn pSB points for completing each task, as well as bonus ones for completing everything.
- Enter competitions — Swagbucks competitions have prizes ranging from tech gadgets to SB points. But note that you usually have to spend some SB points to enter, so always consider the risk vs. reward.
- Play games online and on your mobile — Swagbucks hosts some games of its own, and you can earn SB points by simply playing them. N.B. You’ll need the Swagbucks mobile app if you want to do this on your smartphone.
- Sign up to services — You can earn significant SB points by signing up to services, like streaming TV, through Swagbucks. But seeing as you’ll almost certainly have to use your own money to pay for these services, make sure it’s one that you’re actually going to use.
- Watch videos — Watching videos is probably the easiest way to earn money with Swagbucks. The type of content available includes adverts, news, and viral clips.
Redeeming SB points
Once you've earned enough SB points, you can redeem them for retailer gift cards or cash them out via PayPal. Typically, one SB point equals one cent, so 1,000 SB points is worth about 10 dollars. But Swagbucks often runs promotions where you can get more bang for your points and get $25 gift cards (think Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Home Depot) for 2,200 SB points. Keep an eye out for these as they are a great way to maximize your earnings.
Is Swagbucks legit?
After the most frequently asked Swagbucks question comes the question, “Is Swagbucks legit?” or “Is Swagbucks a scam?”
To answer your first question – Yes! Absolutely!
In fact, it’s one of the few online rewards platforms that doesn’t have a bunch of weird rules and restrictions; it just does what it says it will do: reward you for doing the stuff online you normally do.
Why is Swagbucks willing to reward you like this? Because big companies love big data and they’ll pay a handsome price to get their hands on yours. That’s why.
It is not a scam, though you might sometimes feel like you wasted time if you get a little too carried away with some surveys!
Can you make money with Swagbucks?
Again, the answer is yes. And unlike some online rewards platforms, Swagbucks actually lets you accumulate points passively (like when you’re just searching the web). This makes it particularly favorable.
Here are some rough examples of how many points you can earn to give you an idea:
- Most surveys/polls take between three and 30 minutes, and you’ll get around 40-200 SB points.
- 10-20 web searches will earn you 10-20 SB points
- Shop online through Swagbucks and you’ll typically earn 1% cashback on the total amount you spend.
- You can earn up to 150 SB points a day watching videos
As you can see, you’re not going to retire early on your Swagbucks earnings, but they do add up and you can generate cash without investing lots of time and effort. Perhaps best of all is the fact that you’re being paid to do stuff you usually do anyway.
How to get started with Swagbucks
Simply head over to Swagbucks.com and get started by completing your profile.
All you need to enter in to get started is an email address and a password to start earning SB points. Once you create a login, you can start completing surveys and even get SB points for completing a personal survey that will ultimately help Swagbucks match you with future surveys!
It’s totally free to join, so what are you waiting for!?!
I feel like I can't say this enough, but you will NOT GET RICH completing surveys. There are plenty of viable options in the realm of side hustle ideas and part-time jobs that you can use to make more money – and make more being the key phrase.
That said, while survey websites like Swagbucks have their pros and cons, they are a quick and pretty mindless way to make a few dollars here and there! Perhaps you are on a tight budget to pay off your debt and you use survey money for eating out!
Offsetting some expenses with survey money is certainly not a bad idea, in fact, it is pretty savvy! So if you're in the mood to collect some survey money, head on over to Swagbucks and check them out!
Josh writes about ways to make money, pay off debt, and improve yourself. After paying off $300,000 in student loans with his wife in less than five years, Josh started Money Life Wax and has been featured on Forbes, Business Insider, Huffington Post, and more! In addition to being a life-long entrepreneur, Josh and his wife enjoy spending time with their chocolate lab named Morgan, working out, being outside, traveling, and helping others with their finances! I got serious with money when I used Personal Capital to track my finances.